Thursday, April 5, 2012

Titanic Inspired Hats

From Maria Curcic's (Le Chapeau Rouge) Titanic-inspired collection, which she has named Iceberg Ahead. An elastic chignon secures this Vintage straw with silk cabbage roses. I purchased it for the series of Titanic era costume exhibits I am touring with this month, for the Mobile Millinery Museum.

What a charmer. I cannot say enough good things about the workmanship that goes into Maria Curcic's hats. Last year at one of the Royal Wedding Teas, as I was unpacking my exhibit in 90K winds, my hat took off in a gust, headed for the Ottawa River.

I took off in pursuit (and in heels), was struck in the neck by a tree branch (that's a story for another day), and recovered the hat, flattened and crushed against a Frost fence (the hat, not me).

I planned to send it back to Maria for repair, but as soon as I took it indoors, it popped back into it's original form.



Connect with me on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn. Plus, sign up for free e-mail updates from this blog in the box at the right-hand side of this page.

No comments:

Post a Comment