Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Where to Find a Couture Concert Gown in Toronto

Norma Shephard at a millinery
event, Kingston On
I took a break from Frantic Fashion yesterday to visit Toronto's cool and and calm oasis of style that is Rosemarie Umetsu's atelier.

I can't show you yet which fabulous couture gown we were there to have fitted for a local soprano, but let's just say it is the frock equivalent of my Black Widow tulle chapeau from Lilliput.

The very chic and personable Umetsu specializes in performance gowns, and the professional singers who have found their way to her 'appointments only' salon are more than happy with what they find there.

As we entered the Davenport Rd. atelier, we were greeted warmly by Umetsu herself. The shop itself was just as welcoming.

Perhaps it's the writer in me, but I was struck most by the dramatic wooden floor, painted in cream coloured cursive script on a black background. And the dresses...well, see for yourself.

Connect with me on Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn. You can also sign up for regular email updates in the box, top right.

No comments:

Post a Comment